Our Adoption Process
PLEASE READ ENTIRELY OUR ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. All Dogs and Cats in the home MUST be spayed or neutered. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
2. All Dogs and outdoor cats in the home MUST be current on annual vaccinations. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
3. You must own the property in which you live or your landlord must be willing to verify that you are allowed to have a Great Dane in your rental home. We check property records.
4. Expect the adoption process to take about 1-3 weeks.
5. A home visit is required for ALL adoptions, without exception. This is not a white-glove inspection, rather it is to ensure that the home is a safe environment for the Great Dane. If you have questions about the status of your application, please email the rescue at email@example.com.
6. If you are cleared to meet the dog you will be required to drive to either to where the dog is currently being fostered (most of our dogs are fostered in the Tucson, Phoenix, Prescott Valley greater areas) or meet the dog at a meet and greet or adoption event. This will count as the first meet. The second meet the dog will be brought to your home to meet all members of the family to include all 4-legged family members.
7. We only adopt Dogs as indoor pets. We will not adopt Dogs to be used as guard dogs or to be kept out-of-doors.
8. Our Great Danes require a sturdy fenced in yard, particularly young or active danes. Generally, a six feet or higher privacy fencing is preferred. In certain circumstances, the Board may waive this requirement depending upon the Dane's personality and temperament. Any such exceptions will solely be at the discretion of the rescue board. Under no circumstances will we consider invisible or electric fencing as acceptable.
9. Our Great Danes are placed in the home most suitable for them, based upon their individual needs and temperament.
10. Once we receive your application and fee we will contact your references and property manager (if applicable), then you will be contacted to verify the dog you are interested in will be a good fit for your home or we will help with choosing the right dane for your family.
11. We will not adopt a Great Dane to a home with children under 5 years old. Any such exceptions will solely be at the discretion of the rescue board.
Our adoption fees vary but young adults (1-5 yrs old) are $425, puppies (up to 1 yr old) $800, and seniors (5+ yrs old)/mix-breed/special needs are $375. All our danes come spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, microchipped, and some even receive training before adoption. If you purchase a Dane from a breeder, expect to pay between $1000 and $3000 depending on whether a companion or show dog.